Though many will say there's no Winter in SoCal, those of us living in the San Gabriel Valley (SGV) can attest to the falling leaves that line the sidewalks, the chilly nights with a tea in hand, and the comfort of finding warmth in our favorite sweaters. As we ease into the season and gather with those closest to us, we offer a few holiday safety tips, share ongoing assistance programs, provide resources to find an Electric Vehicle (EV) and request your feedback on the SGV’s energy and transportation needs!
Holiday Safety Tips 🎄
As you unbox holiday decorations and line your homes with lights, we encourage you to be mindful and safe when putting up the Christmas tree and lights to prevent fire, electrical injuries, and incidents.
Below are a few safety tips and reminders:
Financial Assistance Programs 💡
In March 2020, Governor Newsom issued an emergency declaration due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In this time, SoCal Edison temporarily stopped collections and service disconnections for nonpayment. As of October 2022, collections have resumed. If you know anyone who has received this support, please share the message. Below are ongoing resources that income eligible families can apply for:
- Payment Arrangements: Through SCE’s Payment Arrangement program, you can create a payment plan that gives you more time to pay your bill, including spreading payments out for up to 12 months.
- CARE/FERA: The California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) program reduces energy bills for eligible customers by about 30%. ***It is important to note that existing customers need to recertify annually to continue to receive this assistance ***
- Arrearage Management Plan (AMP debt forgiveness payment plan option for residential CARE and FERA customers who have past due bills totaling $500 or greater which are at least 90 days old
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP): provides assistance to eligible low-income households with the goal of managing and meeting their immediate home heating and/or cooling needs.
- Budget Billing Plan: Offers eligible customers the opportunity to pay for their annual electricity service across 11 equal monthly payments. You can enroll by calling 1-800-434-2365.
Go Green with an EV 🚗⚡
More and more electric vehicles are out on the road as California makes the effort to move away from fossil fuels and makes the investment towards an electric powered future. We know many people have questions about whether an electric vehicle is right for them. Below are a few resources to help you decide.
- Deciding on an Electric Vehicle: SCE shares a few frequently asked questions regarding EV’s. Important things to consider are: if your daily commute is less than 250 miles, if the household has more than 1 car and if you have access to power like a 120V outlet or...
- Find your Electric Vehicle: use this link to search a range of electric vehicles, estimate and compare cars, savings, and incentives for each EV.
Healthy Homes Survey
ActiveSGV is conducting a survey to better understand the SGV’s energy and transportation needs! Help take the survey by using this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BAAEChealthyhomes