The Jeff Seymour Family Center Bike Park was made possible by a grant from REI Arcadia, facilitated by Amigos de los Rios, a local non-profit organization focused on community-based urban greening and natural infrastructure. ActiveSGV staff and volunteers supported the park's development and design, as well as its ongoing maintenance, in partnership with the El Monte City School District and City of El Monte. The facility includes a variety of features to improve rider skills and fitness, including pump tracks, lumber elevated trails, dirt rollers, a teeter, and more. Most elements are geared towards beginner and intermediate riders.
There is no charge to use the facility, however park maintenance and care is supported by community volunteers. Please join us most Saturday mornings in caring for the park -- email us to confirm details.
While you're at the park, we also invite you to explore the broader campus, which was transformed in 2017 thanks to a CalFire Urban Forestry grant that funded the planting of over 150 CA native trees, bioswales to capture stormwater, and informational signage.
- Opening Hours: Monday-Friday: 3pm-Dusk ; Saturdays: 10am-5pm
- Address: Jeff Seymour Family Center, 10900 Mulhall St., El Monte, CA 91731
SGV Bike Education Center: The SGV Bike Center is currently closed due to the ongoing pandemic. We hope to re-open our free community bicycle repair space as soon as possible.
Questions and Answers:
- Is there a cost to using the park? No, but we greatly appreciate your support in helping keep the facility tidy by cleaning up after yourself. Volunteers are also welcome and needed to help maintain the site most Saturday mornings!
- Why aren't you open on Sundays? We currently do not have staff capacity/resources to have someone on site on Sundays.
- Can I have a picnic at the park? Yes, but please clean up after yourselves!
- How can I support the Bike Park? There are several ways you can support the SGV's first Bike Park. Tax-exempt donations to ActiveSGV help cover the cost of SGV Bike Ed Center staff supporting the park. Volunteers help maintain the park most Saturdays. In-kind donations of working bikes, parts, and tools are also welcome, but please check with us first to ensure we can use them.
- Can I host a special event at the park? Special events such as formal clinics (with paying participants) may require a permit. Please contact us and we will direct you to the right person.
- I still have a question, who can I contact? Please contact SGV Bike Education Director Jose Jimenez
- What are the Park Rules? See below